Yatra to Uttrakhand Chardhams is something a pious Hindu yearns to undertake at least once in his/her lifetime. But the terrain is rocky and one has to trek uphill to quite high altitudes. People with health issues plus aged people might find it difficult to complete the journey. For them, various tour operators arrange Char dham yatra helicopter service. Read to learn more
Here is all that you need to know about Helicopter Service for Char Dham Yatra
Booking helicopter service for Full Char Dham Yatra
If you have a health issue or time constraints or simply want to fulfill your Char Dham Yatra in comfort then opting for the Helicopter service to all Char Dhams is a good idea. Most helicopter journeys to all char dhams (Badri Nath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri) commence either from Dehradun or from Delhi.
Suggested iternary for Dehradun Chardham Yatra is described below for your convenience.
- Day 1: post arrival in Dehradun you have to reach Sahastradhara helipad and then fly to Kharsali for Yamunotri Dham Darshan. Reaching Yamunotri Dham you will have to trek for minimum one hour on foot or pony. After returning to Kharsali take helicopter ride to Harsil. Then after an hour long road travel to Gangotri Dham you can perform your Puja there. Overnight stay arrangements are best made at Harsil.
- Day 2: early morning helicopter ride should be availed to Kedarnath. Post Kedarnath arrival temple darshan and Shiva Abhishek should be performed. Post breakfast you should fly to Badrinath. After rest at hotel you can visit famous Badrinath temple in the early evening and offer homage to Lord Badrinath. Ample time will be left for local sightseeing like Mana Village tour. Overnight stay arrangements are best opted for at Badrinath.
- Day 03-in the early morning you can perform the Bhor Abhishek to Badrinath Ji to mark the holy conclusion of Char Dham Yatra tour. Avail the helicopter ride back to Dehradun Base at Sahastradhara.
Booking helicopter service for only Kedar Nath Darshan in Dham Yatra
Post the massive natural calamity which struck Kedarnath in the past many tourists are now skeptical about availing the road for the Kedarnath Yatra. The comforting news is that there are now umpteen helicopter operator services which allow devotees to safely undertake the Kedarnath Yatra. Yatris have only to book their helicopter tickets and Yatra packages in advance. Most devotees who only want to avail Kedarnath Darshan by helicopter take the helicopter ride from Phata to Kedarath and the same route back.
Aircraft used for this purpose are the 5 seater Bell 407 helicopters or Bell 206l4 Helicopters. Usually tourists are given one and a half hours time for Kedarnath Darshan. Helicopter rides start operating from the wee hours of the morning and the last ride is at 11.30 a.m.
The ballpark charges for a round trip from Phata to Kedranath and back is INR 6990 PER PERSON.
Other options for Helicopter Service for Char Dham Yatra
- Phata to Badrinath Ji and back
- Dehradun to Kedarnath and back
- Dehradun to Badrinath and back
- Delhi to Kedarnath and Back
- Delhi to Kedarnath and Back
- Do Dham Journey from Kedarnath and Badrinath from Dehradun
- Do Dham Journey from Kedarnath and Badrinath from Delhi
- Full Chardham Yatra Service (Badrinath, KedarNath, Yamunotri and Gangotri from Delhi)
Points to remember when you opt for Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
- Availability of accommodation often becomes an issue as the tourist traffic is extremely high during the holy Char Dham Yatra season. It’s advisable not to harbor expectations of superlative accommodation option. Best way to ensure good accommodation will be to book really early.
- Each helicopter can carry only 5 passengers at one time
- You need to keep your passport copy ready before you board the helicopter
- Make sure that you don’t carry excessive baggage with you up on air. Only 5 kg of luggage is allowed per person.
- Check with your helicopter operator about this but in all probability you will have to get full ticket for your kids if they are above the age of 2
- The full amount for Chardham Helicopter Yatra will have to be paid before starting the journey. In case there is cancellation it’s compulsory to pay the cancellation charges. The cancellation fee (ballpark figure) is as under.
- A week before journey- 20% of charter booking amount
- 2 days before journey-50% of charter booking amount
- Less than 2 days before journey- 75% of charter booking amount
- Less than a day before journey- zero refund or 100% cancellation fee.
Chardham Helicopter Service: