Gujarat is a vibrant land of numerous cultures, well-preserved history, rich biodiversity and mesmerizing landscapes. Travel to Gujarat if you want to explore the grandness that this westernmost state in India which is studded with numerous tourist destinations. From the sacred char dham site of Dwarkadhish mandir to the only abode of the Asiatic lions at Gir national park, Gujarat is a treasure trove of adventure and fun for every visitor. This place is not only one of the top tourist destinations for adventure and thrill seekers but it is also one of the most vital sites for Harappan sites of Dholavira and Lothal. Experience the goodness of thriving nature, vibrant wildlife and a well-preserved history all in one at this land of wonders.
If you are planning on an adventure filled visit to Gujarat then make sure you cover the following sites:
01. Gir Forest National Park (Junagadh)
Established during the 19th century as a result of the dwindling Asiatic lion population, Gir national park has become one of the most prestigious locations for spending an adventure filled Gir Weekend Trip. Along with the famed lions you will also be able to witness other species of animals like, striped hyenas, Indian leopard, and crocodile among a huge collection of numerous bird species. The dry deciduous covering in the national park against the brown backdrop gives the entire area a vibe of mystical adventure.
- Book your jeep safari of Gir prior to your visit and make sure you follow all the rules of the park in order to increase your chances of animal sighting.
- The best time to visit the national park will be in the months of November to January.
02. Great Rann of Kutch (Kutch)
Known all over the world for being one of the largest salt deserts this gleaming white land attracts numerous visitors who witness this dream-like adventure. You have the option of camping here and going on fun camel rides once you are here. A visit here is going to be an experience to remember. Along with being the home ground for the vibrant Rann Utsav during the months of December to March, the Kutch desert also witnesses a large number of explorers all year long who interact with the local tribes surrounding the area.
- The months of September to March are the best months to visit this place.
03. Marine National Park (Gulf of Kutch)
Situated in the Gulf of Kutch, this place was declared as a marine sanctuary under the wildlife protection act in the year 1972. This place is one of the only unique destinations in the world where you won’t have to dive underwater for witnessing corals. This interesting place is home to 70 different species of sponges, 52 species of coral among numerous other species of hard and soft coral. During the high tide visitors are taken across the gulf while during the low tide the underwater wonders are brought to life.
- This is one of the best places for families and adventure seekers to gather where you will be made to reach via a ferry ride from Jamnagar.
- The best time to visit this place will be from the end of October to the end of March.
04. Velavadar Blackbuck National Park (Velavadar)
Established in the year 1976 and sitting along the Gulf of Khambhat this grassland area is home to numerous blackbucks, antelopes, wolves and lesser florican among a whole plethora of others. Blackbuck is an endangered species while this national park serves as their sole home and territory where they are preserved. If you are looking for an adventure during your vacation to Gujarat where you can witness numerous colorful migratory birds from Central Asia, Siberia and Europe while walking among the green lands then Velavadar will be the best destination.
- The park remains closed during the monsoon months of June to October while the best time to visit is between the months of December to March.
05. Vansda National Park (Tehsil)
This protected area is located among the thick woodlands of Tehsil. Established in the year 1979 this park is covered in dry deciduous type forest where no trees have been fallen since the year 1952. Nestled among the Western Ghats of Sahyadri range this pace has a unique and wonderful collection of flora and fauna. Once will be able to witness the glories of nature in all its vigor at this national park. This place is also a treasure trove for various animal species like Indian leopard, macaque, flying squirrel, Indian porcupine, python and barking deer among others.
- The best time to visit here is the post-monsoon to the winter season of September to January.